Monday, October 3, 2011

Terminal Leave for DOH DTTBs

Ok, this entry is for Doctor to the Barrios who are ending their contract with the DOH. I know. My entries are diverse. I don't have time to manage more than one blog, so please bear with me :)

I am trying to recall the process I had. If there are any revisions, please feel free to feedback for the benefit of others. Here are the requirements:

1. Application of Leave form (the usual one)
     -- you can get this from the Central office

2. Clearance from DOH

  •  Municipal Clearance - best to do this before leaving the area, unless you have plans of coming back or you can ask your staff to do this for you  :)
  •  CHD Clearance - in MiMaRoPa, Mam Baj helps us with this. Kudos!
  •  Central DOH clearance -- bloodier than hacking wounds..

3. DTR for October

  • Kindly check if this is required for everyone. I was on maternity leave already during that time but they still asked me for this. 


Short and sweet list di ba? :)

The real task is the Central DOH Clearance. Twelve signatories, excluding you. Guys, I suggest that you get someone to process this for you as a group. (Hire someone if you have to!!!! It's not worth your precious time to wait for a signatory on travel, especially if you are staying in a 5 star hotel in Manila or would have to rebook a flight!)



TIPS: 

1. Do not agree to be disallowed on the basis of "unliquidated vouchers" that you already liquidated. All received documents can be traced through the HHRDB receiving desk. They have a computer database, and they have a log book for reference. I was told that DTTBs in the past had this similar problem. 

2. Always always keep a duplicate of documents, have a receiving copy. Get the name of the person who received especially if that person zigzagged his initials . And I mean just that. 

3. Some mean people would go as far as asking "Sinong may sabi?". It would probably good to have a notepad to write down important commitments verbatim. Or a tape recorder. Haha.

4. Try to be nice to everyone. There are commendable people particularly : Mam Yolly, Mam Dina and Mariel (from Personnel), Sir Daniel, the best (Accounting), Sir Andy (Budget), Ms Rosanna (Legal).

5. Handy numbers: 
       Personnel 7812722
       Budget  7116091
       Accounting  7116110 

When I filed my clearance, I left it with the HHRDB because someone told me they would process it for me. After a month, I found that my document didn't move. Apparently, they changed policy and did not want to process clearances anymore. My husband and sister continued to do it for me. It took more than 2 weeks for mine to be completed despite their frantic efforts because of the following:

1) An important signatory died and it took some time for a department to decide for a replacement signatory

2) Some signatories were on travel

3) My DEPLOYMENT vouchers, sent twice by me, were lost.  I didn't want to pay for funds that I justly used and carefully accounted for so I went through great lengths to trace my "lost" files.  I succeeded - they were complete, neatly filed, unprocessed after over a year - and never got an apology from whoever was (ir)responsible.

4) Of course, there was the hazard pay overcompensation issue that we all need to contend with.

Finally, I was cleared. I only had to  wait for 2-3 months for my terminal pay.  After 3 months, to my horror, my documents  didn't even move because of one lacking document - my October DTR. Worse, I was not even notified. (What's new). I had to wait another round only to find out that my benefits would not even cover my hazard pay disallowances. In fact, I still owe the government.

After having done my clearance, my husband thinks that for such a basic and repetitive procedure, it shouldn't be as difficult for us. In some private settings, instead of having each employee go through each department one by one, they do it on a per batch basis with a circular coming from the HR. Each department would be given a deadline to revert back to HR for any accountability. If the department doesn't take action, by default, the employees will be considered free from accountability. Takot lang nila ano? However, if the employee has an accountability, then he/she would be notified and has to take responsibility.


After what I have been through, talking with the HHRDB doesn't really top my list. I would rather write to inform you, so that you could take action. Please do feedback for your benefit, and for the benefit of the younger batches. 

Lastly, it is no excuse that the office lack manpower. Didn't we all experience this problem back in our areas? Still we did our best to serve, not withholding anything that was within our power to give. I sincerely hope that your process would be easier :)  After all, you guys deserve better treatment after serving the underserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment