Wednesday, April 20, 2016

100 days 'til Home

It's been three years since I last visited this page!

In between, I pursued what the Lord has put in my heart in the best way I know how. This led me to advocacy and health system work related to maternal and child health. The deeper I got into it, the more I realize the complexity of hurdles for mothers and families who want to breastfeed.

Long story short, I felt the need to study again. I was granted a scholarship to study in Belgium. It was a tough decision to leave behind my boys.

Spending time in Bohol, Philippines just days before I left.

Alone on my second day in Belgium, 9pm view from my balcony.  The building shown used to be a monastery, but now this is where we have classes.

Student again! First day of classes. I am doing a graduate course in public health, focusing on strategic management of health systems.

I have been living in the beautiful city of Antwerp for 8 months now. (What are the chances of me even making it to the city's promotional video! 1:40)



But today, I realized I only have 100 days left here!

To mark this, I will attempt to write short tales of the mundane, and not so mundane aspects of my life as an expatriate. I also need this creative outlet, so I can break from writing serious academic stuff.

My stories will be addressed to my little boy so when he is older, he will know I always carried him in my heart every single day we were apart. I know he won't mind that I am sharing this with you.

Let me start tomorrow :)

Until then,

Lei

No comments:

Post a Comment