Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Day 94: Seasons

This is part of my 100 days 'til Home series.
----------

Dear C,

The weather today was strange. The rain poured, the sun shone, and then it rained again. All within an hour. The next couple of hours, there was hail. So, this is spring? 

Spring is becoming more beautiful each day, despite the weather. Flowers and trees come back to life.


Linkeroever, Antwerp. (Thanks for the shot, Ha)

I came here in summertime, everything was vibrant. (I realize I do not have a lot of photos back then.)


In one of the Antwerp cafes. This spot looks inviting. 

Summer berries at the market.


Then I watched trees and leaves transform into deep colours of reds and browns, and everything in between.


Taken from the train, along the Belgian countryside.

At a park in Vilvoorde, Belgium.

A stunning view in Brugge, Belgium.

The Antwerp cathedral, one autumn night. 

In the old quarters of Luxembourg. 

Then, the trees surrendered their leaves to winter.


Trees lining the open space beside Stockholm's town hall.

  


Of course, you remember the winter trees during your visit. 
Now, I am seeing how the bare branches turn into bouquets of flowers. 


Sakura in bloom, while the other trees wait for their turn. Linkeroever, Antwerp.
White flowers and green leaves on what used to be bare branches.  



A small patch of tulips! (Thanks for the photo, Mawar!)

I have only known summer and rain all my life. I cannot wait to see spring in full bloom! I hope one day, you will get to experience all the four seasons too. Each transition reminds me that life is fleeting, but God is in control.  


"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart..."                                                                                                                          - Ecclesiastes 3:11 


I am sharing one of my favourite songs, "Every Season" (I know you love to sing along with lyrics you can read!). I loved it since I was still a teenager, and it has taken on a whole new meaning for me now. It reminds me that the Lord knows every detail and season of our lives. May He give you a keen awareness of his loving presence as you grow.




Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment