Thursday, April 21, 2016

Day 99: Beautiful and Strange Sights

DAY 99

Dear C,

Counting the days will now be easier because I am just 99 sleeps away! I thank the Lord for keeping you and Papa strong.

Waking up to your photos and voice messages makes me smile :)

Mama's first weekend in Belgium coincided with a culture fair. It was fun, and it made me look forward to the many things, places and experiences I have yet to discover.  


Mama wearing your Lola Loida's blouse from the '80s. (I always carry her in my heart.) I brought my colorful bag from the Philippines, made by community artisans from cloth scraps and traditional fabrics.

This is the town hall of Antwerp, a UNESCO world heritage site. Can you spot the Philippine flag proudly displayed?


This photo fascinated you because they converted the container van into a stage!



Little girls lined up for a free hairdo fix (mess). Stylists use air compressors, and clients wear ear muffs for safety. 


This young couple collected money for their honeymoon. Every time a coin was dropped, they mimed gestures of gratitude. Against the background of workmen sculptures, the amusement they provide is beauty, and work in itself. 



I still have hundreds of photos and stories I cannot wait to share!

Until tomorrow,

Mama 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment