Friday, April 22, 2016

Day 98: Yearbook Pictorial

Day 98

Dear C,

Yesterday was a sunny day, perfect for our class pictorials for the yearbook. Being in the garden with happy people made me appreciate this community I now belong to, and the friendships that have been fostered during the past months. When we all leave Belgium by the end of the school year (for some, in two weeks), we will never be gathered this way again.

I asked Papa to get you a world map so you will know where my friends live, some of them you have already met over Skype. And our hope is that when you grow up, you will be able to see the world through the eyes of others too while remaining true to your identity as a Filipino.

Here are some photos before my phone ran out of battery.

Love,

Mama

Mama proudly wore a skirt from ANTHILL, a social enterprise that promotes Philippine weaving  traditions. (Thanks for the photo, Chandani.) 


Tita Kathy and I are representing the Philippines. She is my classmate in one course, before the little baby comes out! 

With friends from Indonesia, India, Cuba and Uganda. You have already met Sandip, my floor mate and the one who taught me how to make chapati. Isabel is the first person I met from Cuba :) Amy, my Indonesian friend works for the Ministry of Health.

These beautiful doctors were Mama's travel buddies in Spain .
You've met Patricia already, from Kenya and Kidist from Ethiopa.  

Chandani is the first classmate I met in person. She is from Nepal and she has already been to Boracay! Bindu is from India, a dentist who shifted into public health, and she is like a sister. Kirsten is Belgian midwife who bravely worked for Medicin Sans Frontiers in sensitive areas like Afghanistan.    

No comments:

Post a Comment