Sunday, April 24, 2016

Day 96: On travel and Paris

This is part of my 100 days 'til Home series.
----------

Dear C,

I was missing in action yesterday because Tita Kathy and I had a quick tour in Paris.

When Papa and I visited this city last autumn, we came across a young Filipina on the metro. She started a conversation when she heard us speak Tagalog. She was touring Europe alone - a graduation gift from her parents who lovingly set aside funds for her. Her mother arranged her itinerary.

Inside the metro, where we met the young lady travelling alone.
Papa and I immediately thought of you and your future. We hope we can nurture your curiosity so you would want to see the world, and help you have the opportunity to do so.

The elegant iron curves of the Eiffel.


Love locks all over the bridges of the river Seine.

An interesting experience. (We didn't try it.)

One of the imposing facades of the Louvre palace. Not the main entrance, though.

At the Notre Dame Cathedral's portal. Can you see the man carrying his head? 

The Sainte-Chapelle is simply stunning.

Papa and I endured a long queue  to get in but it was well worth it. 

Jardin du Luxembourg. Among the many beautiful sights, this caught my attention.

At the Arc deTriomphe

Over the past months, I learned a few tricks on how to travel efficiently and inexpensively. While considered as a luxury by many, it really depends on your level of comfort (as I have learned from Dr Remo), and the goals you set for each adventure.  

Going back to our trip yesterday, it had to be well-planned. We only had a day to spare and we brought a little boy along (yes, you will meet him soon when he is born!).

Enjoying the view all to ourselves.
An obligatory photo with I.M. Pei's pyramid

At the Musée de l'Orangerie with Claude Monet's Water Lilies. You can  take a virtual tour here

When I get home, I will show you more photos and tell you more stories about this beautiful city. Instead of buying little trinkets, I got coffee table books that I can bring home to you.


Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment